How QardioBase X can help you reach your health goals

How QardioBase X can help you reach your health goals

It is becoming common knowledge that staying healthy, eating nutritious foods and exercising regularly is extremely important. However, you may be wanting to know what exactly is working, and how you can measure your progress. If you’re trying to lose weight, gain muscle or just generally become a healthier version of yourself, tracking your body composition with QardioBase X can help you reach your health goals. 

What is body composition and why should you measure it?

Body composition refers to the percentage of different elements in your body, such as fat, bone and muscle. It is a useful tool to measure your level of health, as you could be the same weight as somebody else, but they might have more body fat but less muscle compared to you. Optimal body composition is to have less body fat and more muscle, as too much body fat can lead to greater health problems such as obesity, heart disease and diabetes. 

Obesity is a major health concern globally. In 2017 – March 2020, according to the CDC, the US obesity prevalence was 41.9%, and medical costs for adults who have obesity are estimated to be over $1500 higher than adults with a healthy weight. Understanding your body composition will give you a greater insight into your body and help you focus on the areas you may need to work on to become healthier. Read what doctors and specialists have to say about the negative effects of being overweight here.

What does QardioBase X measure?

QardioBase X is the next-generation smart scale. With 12 body composition metrics including body fat, bone and muscle composition, water composition, metabolic age, BMR (Basal metabolic rate), subcutaneous fat, visceral fat, skeletal muscle, protein, fat-free body weight and BMI, understanding your body composition has never been easier. We’ve covered fat, bone and muscle composition but you may be thinking, ‘What do those additional metrics mean?’ Keep reading to find out.

  • Water composition

This refers to the amount of water in your body. Water is essential for the body to function, and is stored in your brain, heart, lungs, skin, muscles and bones. Typically you’re in a healthy range if your body water percentage is more than 50% throughout your life.

  • Metabolic age and basal metabolic rate (BMR)

Your metabolic age is how your basal metabolic rate (BMR, how many calories you burn while resting) compares to the average BMR of people of your age group. BMR can give you insight into how you compare to others your age.

  • Subcutaneous and visceral fat

Subcutaneous fat is typically 90% of the body fat that lies in a layer under the skin. The remaining 10% of body fat is known as visceral fat. This lies beneath the firm abominable wall. Visceral fat is particularly dangerous, as it can lead to heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and stroke. Understanding how much visceral fat % is in your body with QardioBase X is not there to scare you, but may be the warning you need to become healthier and prevent heart disease.

  • Fat-free body weight

On the contrary to subcutaneous and visceral fat, fat-free body weight refers to all your body components except fat. It includes your body’s water, bone, organs and muscle mass.

  • Skeletal muscle

Skeletal muscles make up 30-40% of your total body mass. They are voluntary muscles, which means you control how they function. Examples include shoulder muscles, hamstring muscles and abdominal muscles. If you are exercising in order to intentionally strengthen and grow your muscles, using QardioBase X to identify what your skeletal muscle % is helpful to see how much progress you are making. 

  • Protein mass

Protein is essential for your body to be functioning properly. A lack of protein can lead to an increase in body fat. Ideally, protein should make up 10 – 20% of your total daily calories. Measuring your protein mass with QardioBase X is a further indicator of your health levels.

In addition to body composition metrics, QardioBase X can be used for up to 8 users, has a rechargeable battery, has both a pregnancy and athlete mode, and all your measurements sync with the free Qardio app to monitor progress and to keep yourself accountable. We give you the scale and data you need to make your weight management goals a reality.

 

Sources

CDC

Healthline – Body Water Percentage

Healthline – Metabolic Age

Harvard Health Publishing

Cleveland Clinic

Marsden Weighing

 

Last updated: June 23, 2022